While you may be racking your brain trying to choose which desert to bring to the office Valentine’s Party or what Valentine’s Day treat to send to your child’s school, have no fear because an easy cake pop recipe is here! Cake pops with, half the sugar and sugar of a regular slice of cake make a great alternative to traditional Valentine’s Day deserts.
Don’t have a cake pop machine to make cake pops?
No worries. With this simple DIY recipe, making cake pops will be as easy as 1-2-3, with or without a cake pop machine!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 Box Betty Crocker Super Moist Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- ¼ Cup Instant Expresso Coffee Powder
- 1 Can Betty Crocker Whipped Cream Frosting
- 1 Jar Colored Sprinkles
- 1 Decorative Icing Pen
- 1 Pack Red Cake Pop Candy
- 1 Pack of Pink Cake Pop Candy
Cake Pop Directions:
- Prepare cake mix according to directions on the back of cake mix box. Add ¼ cup instant expresso coffee powder.
- Bake and cool cake according to directions.
- Crumble cake (once cooled) into a bowl and mix in the whipped cream frosting. (The whipped cream frosting makes a great dough like mixture).
- Roll the cake into cake pop balls. Stick a cake pop stick into the bottom of the cake pop.
- Melt cake pop candy and place melted candy in bowls.
- Roll the cake pop in melted candy. Add decorative sprinkles as desired.
- Add decorations with decorative icing pen.
Written by: Candice Denise Cole, Modern Domestic Staff Writer