‘Tis the season for cleaning, organizing and refreshing your space. These 3 tips will ensure your place is deep-cleaned and sparkling in no time!
1. Use vegetable oil to remove kitchen gunk!
Make your kitchen sparkle in areas you probably don’t realize are filthy. The areas closest to the stove like cabinets, over-the-range hoods, and surrounding surfaces are susceptible to an oily build-up. Use vegetable oil to easily remove the gunk and follow-up with dish detergent or a gentle cleanser to be sure surfaces are clean without a greasy residue!
2. Mix water and vinegar for a great cleaning solution!
The water and vinegar mixture is a tried-and-true, all-natural cleaning solution! You can use it in every room of your home!
– Mix 1 cup water and 1 tablespoon of vinegar in a microwave safe cup and microwave the cup (uncovered) for two minutes. After microwaving the mixture, you will be able to easily wipe the interior surfaces clean!
– Mix vinegar and warm water in a plastic bag. Tie the bag around your shower head and take care to be sure the shower head is submerged in the cleaning mixture. Let it sit for 30 minutes, remove the bag, and run hot water to clear any gunk from the shower head; the shower head will have all the shine with no scrubbing required!
– Use the mixture to clean water stains from faucets
– Run the mixture through your coffee maker, washing machine, dishwasher and humidifier.
3. Deep clean the kitchen sink!
Your kitchen sink is a breeding ground for bad smells and bacteria! Use a toothbrush, baking soda and warm water to clean the sink. Run warm water down the disposal for 30 seconds and be sure the disposal is on. Slice half a lemon (save the other half for a glass of water after you finish cleaning) and place pieces in the drain. With the water running, turn on the disposal for another 15-30 seconds. Your drain will be smelling and looking great!
Taking time to clean the areas of your home that are less frequently used will help you breathe easy and feel accomplished this season!
Written by Tabitha Keese, Staff Writer, Modern Domestic, Founder of Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island Blog