It is a new year and winter is here. Now we all know what harsh winters can do to our skin and it does not look pretty. So here are some tips and products to help you combat those harsh winters and protect that pretty skin of yours!
The number one thing you need to keep your skin nice and right is WATER!!! I know it seems obvious or to some it may seem crazy, but studies have shown that if you drink more water it can actually eliminate breakouts and is a very good source to keep your skin hydrated and moisturized. Besides, every girl knows a pretty face has to be maintained for the ultimate radiance. So H20 equals natural glow!
Now let’s talk tips! Yes we need to drink water, yes we need to eat right and exercise but what about daily maintenance. So we love makeup but are we taking care of the skin before and after application. I had the chance to talk with a couple of beauty experts on proper skin care and here are some tips:
- “You must protect your skin with sunscreen. Sunscreen is an essential part of your skin care regimen year round. In fact, UV damage from the sun can be double during the winter months because the UV rays reflect off of the snow. I recommend a sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher.” Dr. Myla Bennett, Ederra Bella Plastic Surgery, Johns Creek, GA.
- “Keep your eyebrows groomed at all times. Properly groomed eyebrows are an instant face fit! This will also make your eye shadow stand out more and make application look crisp.” Beauty Expert Joi Mebane, The Look By Joi.
DID YOU KNOW??? That if you rub an ice cube on your face before applying makeup it actually seals your pores before clogging them with product and helps reduce acne? Nice!
Here are some products that are GREAT for the face and body:
- Glow Skin Enhancement. These products specializes in skin care for women, men, and teenagers who are struggling with skin issues such as acne, eczema, sun damage, premature aging, hyper-pigmentation (dark patches on skin), and dark circles around eyes. Not to mention the added glow! Visit www.glowskinenhancement.com for more information.
- Beautiful Amore Skin Care. All over skin care for face and body is what this line of products give you. Handmade, organic and made with love to ensure the best care for your body. I personally love the coconut scrubs for exfoliating skin and leaves skin feeling soft. For more information please visit www.beautifulamoreonline.com
- AMBI. I have been a fan of this product for years! Although it seems like the line has faded away, it really hasn’t. They have a full line of products perfect to fight breakouts, dark spots and tone skin for the ENTIRE body. And best of all, they can be found anywhere; Target , Wal-Mart and even your local beauty supply and they are really affordable! Visit www.shophaba.com/ambi
So Happy Beautifying!!!
By: Deidre Palode