One of the hardest things men have to learn when it comes to dating– especially good, promising or eligible bachelors is how to deal with rejection. An outright “No” is bad enough, being friend zoned is gut wrenching, but nothing tops being told “You’re not my type.” Hearing women say those infamous words can be very upsetting and off-putting.
The reason why men despise hearing, “He’s not my type” is that having a type is usually a part of why many people are single. Think about it, when most people say they have a type, what they really have is a stereotype. They have a stereotypical view of what they consider to be attractive, inside and out. What makes men upset about your type is that it comes with a closed mind. When you’re looking for a type, you shut out all other possibilities. It also suggests that we’re not even given the benefit of being considered. The problem with having a type is that the majority of people have already dated their type several times over and it hasn’t worked out yet. But they continue to try and force this square peg in a round whole by continually dating the same type of person.
Here are some tips on how to NOT date the same type of guy :
- Look for something new to be attracted to and focus on that; A new personality trait, a different physical characteristic, or a different type of energy.
2. Remember that the type of men you are attracted to and the type you want, may very well be two completely different types of men.
3. Focus on becoming a complement to what you wish to attract. Sometimes you have to change in order for things to work out with certain types of individuals.
4. Be in the correct environment. You can find good people anywhere but give yourself the best odds by placing yourself in the environment where those types of people most likely hang out.
5. Diversify your time investment. Don’t get caught up or boxed into looking for one type of person. Date! Go on dates and hang out with different types of people in a variety of atmospheres. Try new things. As you learn and experience new things, your hopes, expectations, and type may change…and there’s nothing wrong with that.
Get out of your comfort zone and get to know someone new. Remember, variety is the spice of life!
Written By: Johnny Brownlee II
Follow Johnny on Instagram: @slin_k_polymath