It’s cuffing season and we’ve got the go-to tips to create a chic love nest for your next baecation-staycation.
1. Set the mood.
Ambient lighting is the easiest way to set a romantic atmosphere. Here are few ways varying your lighting can help up the romance in your nest:
- Use candles to incorporate an invigorating smell, add mood lighting, and make any meal special. Seriously, who doesn’t love a candlelit dinner or movie night?
- Drape white Christmas lights over a mirror, hanging artwork or shelves to create a magical focal point in any space.
- Don’t want to replace your current lighting solutions? Not to worry, purchase bulbs with a lower wattage to create a softer lighting and to create a romantic glow.
2. Add texture.
Incorporate textile décor like fur rugs, fuzzy blankets, textured pillows, etc. Interesting textures will not only create a comfortable and luxurious design, but it will encourage touching. Who doesn’t like to cuddle in the winter months?
3. Decorate with sentiment.
Here are a few ways to incorporate romantic reminders into your decor:
- Use sentimental décor like pictures, tickets, etc. to create a gallery wall.
- Hang a large map and place small hearts where you’ve visited.
- Create personalized art using a date that is special for the two of you.
- Incorporate places you’ve visited into the design.
These ideas are easy ways to be sure you can cuddle in a space that’s chic and special!
Written By: Tabitha Keese, Staff Writer, Modern Domestic, Founder of Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island Blog