The summer heat wave has finally kicked in and it is scorching hot outside! If your air condition has decided to clunk out on you, you are probably wondering how you are going to survive without it. Below are five tips to keep you cool this summer with no AC.
- Goodbye Oven
Now is not the time to be baking! The heat from the oven will circulate around the house and heat it up. Cook with a crock pot or throw some meat on a grill, but whatever you do; Don’t use the oven.
- D.I.Y Air Conditioner
Things you will need:
Bucket & lid
1½ Pvc cut into three sections
Styrofoam bucket liner
1½ hole saw for drill
- Set the fan upside down on the lid to trace an outline.
- Cut out the top of the bucket lid using the utility knife.
- Place fan in the hole and sit it to the side.
- Drill three holes into the side of the bucket.
- Place the PVC in each hole.
- Place styrofoam bucket liner inside of the bucket.
- Place the frozen water inside of the bucket.
Kick up your feet and enjoy the cool breeze.
- Open the Windows. Open up the windows only if it’s cooler outside than inside. If it’s hotter outside, shut those curtains or close those blinds.
- Shower Time! Take a cool/warm shower and then sit in a cool area.
- Fan. A fan will help cool off a room. It’s even better after your cool shower. Sit or lay in front of the fan and enjoy the breeze.
It’s indeed a hot summer, but that doesn’t mean that you have to be hot in the comfort of your home. So, remember anytime you decide to save money and not use your air conditioner or your AC goes out, use these tips to stay cool.
Written By: Johnakeshia Thompson; Modern Domestic, Staff Writer