We all have our own sexual preferences in and outside of the bedroom so before judging others, keep in mind that there’s a thin line between freak and fetish.
1. Domination and Submission, also known as BDSM (bondage, domination, submission/sadism and masochism), is the practice between two consenting adults which allows one individual to have control over the other while staying within the agreed boundaries of comfort. The movie “Fifty Shades of Grey” is a perfect example of this sexual practice.
2. Voyeurism and Exhibitionism are those who find pleasure in watching others have sex or exposing themselves in public. Watching pornographic movies is considered an act of voyeurism, by the way. If you’ve ever been to a nude beach or have flashed your breasts for beads during Mardi Gras then those are examples of exhibitionism too.
3. Swinging and Group-Sex refers to married couples or those in a committed relationship participating in sex with another couple or individual. Sometimes the couples switch partners altogether.
4. Role-playing is when you act out different scenarios sexually by dressing up in different costumes and using props in order to portray a fantasy.
5. Autonepiophilia, also known as Paraphilic Infantilism, is practiced by adults who enjoy pretending to be in a child-like state. They even speak gibberish, use pacifiers, wear diapers, and drink from bottles. In 1990, San Francisco held it’s first event for Autonepiophiliacs called “Baby Week.”
6. Emetophilia is when someone is aroused by vomiting or observing others vomit.
7. Furries are people who dress up in animal costumes and take on their behavior. When furries aren’t engaging in full on sex, they practice a behavior called “yiffing,” which is similar to “dry-humping.”
8. Foot Fetishes– Believe it or not, those who are fond of feet are among the most popular people in the fetish world!
9. Objectum Sexuality is a fetish in which people fall in love with an inanimate object such as amusement park rides, national landmarks, stairway banisters, etc. This fetish is very common among women. An American woman named Erika Eiffel married the Eiffel Tower in 2007 in a commitment ceremony.
10. Erotic Asphyxiation is used to increase the intensity of an orgasm by intentionally choking or using other methods to restrict oxygen to the brain. The loss of oxygen and increase of carbon dioxide apparently causes a euphoric state of pleaure, but of course, can be dangerous.
Which fetish is your guilty pleasure?
Written By: Nyia Moore