Instagram is super popular right now, and just when you thought it was only for a live picture feed, it can be used for more, like making custom items with some uniqueness and tons of personality. It is a very simple thing that can be done by using your own photos and a few tools to create a fun, inexpensive, easy and useful item for anyone. Let’s get to it!
Here are the things you need to create Instagram Coasters:
- A couple of pictures chosen from Instagram
- 4in x 4in tiles or wood squares
- Mod Podge
- Paint Brush
- Felt stickers
- Clear Waterproof Sealant
Now, the fun begins:
- Print the pictures selected from Instagram. Adjust the pictures as needed to fit the tiles, and cut off the excess to fit the tile.
- Paint a thin layer of Mod Podge to the front of the image one, and smooth any bubbles out gently by using a credit card.
- Let it dry completely and then paint 2-5 layers of Mod Podge, allowing them to dry between each layer.
- The next day spray the tile with a thin layer of sealant.
- Let the tiles sit for a few days and then apply felt stickers to each corner of the tiles.
A super fun way to keep memories alive, and it makes for an awesome gift.
Written by: Joyrina Hunter, Associate Editor, Modern Domestic