Traveling with your significant other can bring many unanswered questions to light if you know the right questions to ask. Having fun is a given, but it’s also an opportunity to learn more about your man, and what you can tolerate. The term “bae-cation” forced millennials to travel and experience more with their significant others, but some aren’t stable enough to withstand the quality time alone.
We prepare for vacation by prepping our clothes, finances, and bodies but what about our relationship? It requires the same preparation as with anything else but does it get the same amount of attention? Here are five benefits of traveling with your man:
1. A clearer perspective on life- Dating with a purpose is the goal; so while vacationing is a great experience to earn a few stamps in your passports, it’s also an excellent time to see if you and your partner are on the same page. If you can survive seven days on a ship or island without losing it, he may be one to stick around for the long run.
2. Gain new experiences together- New experiences are always a plus for a couple that plans on spending their life together. It’s a way of knowing that you can survive anywhere with your partner and also adapt culturally to different people and situations.
3. Relationship bonds grow– Most people are happy and carefree on vacation so most times it will have a positive effect on your relationship. While focusing solely on one another, those hard to answer questions can be asked and understanding one another become easier if both parties are transparent.
4. Improves intimacy – Vacations have a way of setting the mood so that intimacy is at the top of the list. Bonding with your man after watching a beautiful sunset or after couples massage can lead to some of your most intimate moments.
5. Reinforce future goals and compromise- Relationships are all about compromising. Meeting in the middle reinforces that you can agree to disagree but still find common ground. Vacations can bring about the unexpected just like relationships do.
Written By: Tamara U. Butler