Typically when traveling, we book our accommodations through familiar hotel chains, such as, Hilton, Embassy or Marriot. Hotels are great, but sometimes they cannot cater to our every need. On a girlfriend’s getaway, it is difficult and not to mention very expensive to book hotel rooms/suites that will accommodate all your closest girlfriends. It is no fun when your guests have to stay three floors down from your room. There has to be a way for all of your best friends to stay together at a rate that works for everyone’s budget, but how?
The answer is Airbnb! The premier worldwide leader in accommodations, Airbnb is the new way to travel. Some people may be hesitant about staying in the homes of complete strangers, but it definitely has its perks. Why pay three hundred dollars per night for a five hundred square foot room, when you can pay two hundred per night to stay in an entire house? Airbnb gives you the option to rent an entire home/apt, or just a room.
If you’re not sold yet, check out these great perks:
- No corporation hassle: You are dealing with regular people. There are no worries about resort fees, or parking permits.
- Deposits: This will depend on the host/homeowner but the good thing is that you can negotiate.
- Savings: Hotels come with room service, but you can actually enjoy a “home” cooked meal while on vacation. Some host run their home as a bed n breakfast, so they will do the cooking for you.
- Experience: The experience is absolutely unique! A hotel can only do so much.
- Reviews: Airbnb take reviews very serious. If there is something you do not like, you can let the owner know directly
To book your next getaway with Airbnb, follow these 5 simple steps:
- Log on to www.airbnb.com
- Type in your designated location
- Select check-in and check out dates
- Select # of guest
- Select type of accommodation
Stay tuned for information on how to become an Airbnb Host.
Written by: Ashley Kelley, Contributing Writer, Modern Domestic