We absolutely love when our favorite celebrity couples share their wedding bliss moments with us. Whether via social media or magazine publications, we can’t wait to see how beautiful they look on their big day. While some celebs publicly document their special day, others prefer to wed privately, only disclosing details of their wedding afterwards.
So here are our top 6 couple who secretly tied the knot.
- Jay-Z & Beyonce– One of the most notarized power couples in the music game right now, Jay-Z & Bey have shared everything with their fans, from features on each other’s songs to collaborating on a world tour. However, when it came to their nuptials, Mr & Mrs. Carter chose to keep it private. The couple wed in a secret ceremony in Jay’s 13,500 sq ft penthouse in New York City on April 4, 2008 amongst 40 very close guests.
- Grace Gealy & Trai Bryers– Though these two do not play each other’s love interest on the hit show “Empire”, it was love at first sight for Grace Gealy & Trai Bryers as soon as they hit the set! The co-stars now turned husband and wife tied the knot this past April in a mansion on the Grand Cayman Islands with 50 close friends and family in attendance.
- Janet Jackson & Wissam Al Mana– Best at keeping her personal life private, singer and icon Janet Jackson revealed she married billionaire fiancée Wissam Al Mana in 2012 after shutting down rumors she spent over $20 million dollars for her wedding. “The rumors regarding an extravagant wedding are simply not true. Last year we were married in a quiet, private and beautiful ceremony. Our wedding gifts to one another were contributions to our respective favorite children’s charities,” the couple said in a statement. Today, the lovebirds have moved forward in the baby planning business and are starting a family.
- Jhene Aiko & Dot Da Genius– Singer Jhene Aiko kicked off her birthday in a very unique way. While others celebrate their big day by traveling or hanging out with close friends and loved ones, Jhene took a different route and got married! The songstress secretly wedded her producer boyfriend Dot Da Genius on her 28th birthday earlier this year in March.
- Kerry Washington & Nnamdi Asomugha– Just like her character Olivia Pope in the amazing hit series “Scandal,”’ Hollywood actress Kerry Washington can also keep some secrets as well. The television star got married to three-time Pro Bowl NFL Player Nnamdi Asomugha in June 2013 in a super-secret ceremony only witnessed by their nearest and dearest, E! News confirms. Currently the lovely couple share one child together and have another on the way.
- Ciara and Russell Wilson-It’s been an incredible year of love for our girl Ciara. From finding love last year with NFL Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson, to being engaged on a beautiful beach in March to now being married to the man of her dreams. Cici and Russell tied the knot in a fairy tale like wedding at Peckforton Castle in England in front of 100 plus close friends and family earlier this month. Some of the famous celebs in attendance included Lala Anthony, Jennifer Hudson & Kelly Rowland. Congrats Mr & Mrs. Wilson!
As lovers of all wedding bliss, we will gladly take it any form. After all, whether public or private, the beauty of any wedding is the love and commitment made to each other when both parties say “I do.”
Written by Tiffany Hercules