“First thing first I’ll eat ya brains…’cause that’s what a mothaf*ckin monster do!” Okay, so it sounds cute when the fiesty Nicki Minaj says it, but in real life it’s not such a good idea to come off as a monster. Do all of your dates turn out to be the date from hell? When you’re constantly not making it past the 1st date, it’s time to evaluate the situation. Have you ever thought that maybe you’re scaring these men away? Now, by all means we encourage you to be yourself at all times, but maybe there’s some characteristics that you have that may need to be worked on. Discovering this fact may be a tough pill to swallow, but before you start ego-tripping, watch this video of Tiffany Pollard (New York from Flava of Love) on her date and see if you can understand what we mean:
Did you notice Atkion’s facial expressions? From the looks he made, one could assume that he’s probably thinking she’s crazy and won’t be going on another date with her. You see ladies, there are a few things you can do that scare men away. Keep reading below to discover a few things that you do that are scaring away your chances for another date.
- Coming off too strong, especially about marriage – Tiffany does this in the video, and it’s definitely scary. Men already hate feeling the pressure of marriage, and they definitely don’t want to feel it on the first date or the second or third for that matter.
- Being too conceited – Confidence is attractive, not cockiness. Talking about yourself way too much, over-talking him and not showing interest in what he’s saying is an automatic sign for most men that they probably won’t deal with you again.
- Being loud and obnoxious – Did you really have to cuss out the waiter because they forgot your fries? No man wants to sit there and watch their date argue back and forth with someone in public. It’s unladylike and it’s embarrassing to him. He definitely won’t be taking you out in public anymore, if he even takes you out again at all.
- Complaining and judging – If you’re a constant complainer, save it for your girlfriends. Don’t go out and complain about the choice of venue, the food, the drinks, etc. no man wants to hear that! Don’t sit there and talk about everybody either, being judgmental is not cute. It’s okay to crack a little jokes on someone, but don’t make a habit out of it the entire night. He won’t want a second date with Negative Nancy.
- Being snobby – Correcting how he chews or how he talks, trying to “fix him up”. “I like your outfit but you could’ve ironed your shirt.” It’s never a good sign to date someone that turns their nose up at others. Being a mean girl might be popular in movies, but in real life it just gives you a negative vibe. Instead of portraying yourself as Mrs. Stuck Up, let your hair down and have a little fun or you won’t be hearing from him again.
Written By: Kahina Ray
Follow Kahina On Instagram: @_k.ray