Yes, men are from Venus and women are from Mars, but that doesn’t mean you can’t speak their love language. Your man probably isn’t as lovey or touchy feely as you are, but he still needs to feel loved and appreciated. Here are a few ways to stroke his ego and remind him you are in his corner.
- Don’t talk bad about him. You chose to be with this man. When he gets on your nerves, vent your frustrations without making him the bad guy. If you can’t do that, you’re with the wrong one.
- Let him have his man time. Video games, watching the game or the fight, pumping iron at the gym, let your man feel comfortable breathing without you complaining about how he spends his time.
- Initiate sex. Your boo needs to feel desired and hungered for, just like you. Don’t wait for him to make the first move; jump start the deed a little more often.
- Cook a good meal. They say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. Get down in the kitchen or take him to that one restaurant that cooks steaks to perfection. Keep his favorite snacks, treats and drinks on deck.
- Don’t make him feel like he’s your ATM. You should not expect him to always foot the bill, pay for the trips and buy expensive gifts. Flip the script sometimes and treat your mate to something nice.
- Take gift-giving seriously. No more ties for Father’s Day! (Unless they are cute, personalized ties with your children’s faces on them or something like that) Get your man gifts he will both appreciate and brag to his boys about; not just something to put a bow on.
- Love notes. Send him a sweet ‘thinking of you’ text, or a ‘can’t wait to be in your arms’ text once in a while. Let him know that he is on your mind.
- Kissy face. Kiss him often, rub his head, and give him massages. Displaying love through touch will reinforce your bond even without the full act of sex.
- Compliment him. Notice his fresh cut, tell him you like when he wears that blue shirt or just say, ‘Damn, baby! You look good tonight!” He’ll eat all of that attention up.
- Take a day. Plan a day for the two of you that he will enjoy. Merge some of his hobbies, loves and favorite foods into a day or a weekend.
These are just some of the ways that you can love on your man. Got more ideas? Share a few of them below.
Written By: Carla DuPont Huger